Landfills are highly complex, well-engineered series of cells in or above the ground. Each cell is lined with an advanced liner system which prevents trash migration and contamination of groundwater. SKAPS Geomembranes, Geonets, Geocomposites, and Geotextiles are the best technical solutions for landfill Cells and Caps. SKAPS Geomembranes offer the best barrier solution and SKAPS Geonets, Geocomposites and Geotextiles offer the best drainage, filtration, and separation solution.
SKAPS products offer safer solutions to improve the environment as well as increase the capacity of landfill.
SKAPS Geomembranes offer the following functions:
- High Frictional Performance
- Excellent Containment
- Superior long-term performance
Why SKAPS Geomembranes in Landfill?
- Offer high Multi-axial break resistance & high elongation for differential settlement applications
- Custom asperities for high frictional performance in canyon fill applications
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent UV and Oven aging properties
- Custom colors for exposed cap applications and lower surface temperatures for better wrinkle management
- Conductive surface for better leak management
SKAPS Geocomposites offer the following functions:
Why SKAPS Geocomposites in Landfill?
- Offer high drainage capacity under any slope and/or load.
- Great resistance to crushing
- Excellent behavior in terms of creep or fatigue, long-term drainage
- Offer greater durability when confronted with leachates
- Great durability, as it is made up of PP and HDPE, chemically stable elements that do not rot, they are not sensitive to salt water also offer resistance to oxidation and microorganisms.
Why SKAPS Geotextiles in Landfill?
- The geotextile provides excellent filtration to geocomposite and geonets for gas and liquid.
- The geotextile separate suspended solid particles from draining liquids and prevents clogging geonets and piping systems.
- The geotextile provides excellent cushioning to geomembrane and protects it from puncture damage.
- The geotextile has great resistance to traction and elongation, which is important for slope stability.
- The geotextile has excellent friction properties with HDPE geomembranes and Geosynthetics Clay Liners.
- The geotextile installed on top of the leachate collection pipe system prevents any clogging of perforated pipes.
Leachate collection and removal systems (LCRS)
Leachate collection and removal systems (LCRS) are generally installed on top of the primary geomembrane layer at the bottom of a landfill. The accumulation of water mixed with the breakdown of trash creates a toxic liquid know as leachate.
The purpose of the leachate collection layer is to allow the removal of this leachate from the landfill and transport it to a treatment facility. LCRS helps to control the height of the leachate above the geomembrane to keep within the specified limits of the regulating agencies.
Leachate can be removed from the landfill through leachate collection sumps or via a leachate collection header pipe system.
Leak Detection System (LDS)
A leak detection system (LDS) is installed between the primary and the secondary liner. A leak detection system provides rapid detection of major breaches in the primary lining system (within less than 24 hours) and limit the hydraulic head acting on the secondary barrier/layer.
The principal function of the capping system is to minimize infiltration into the waste and consequently reduce the amount of leachate being generated.
Other functions are to promote surface drainage and maximize runoff; control gas migration; and provide a physical separation between waste and vegetation.
Cushion to Lining System
SKAPS nonwoven geotextiles play an integral part in the landfill lining systems to protect against any kind of damage to liners (geomembrane) during the construction and operational phase. SKAPS nonwoven geotextiles are deployed above, below or both sides of the low permeable geomembranes as a cushion to protect the geomembranes against damage from drainage stones or alternate media during construction. It also protects against damage caused due to dumping of waste during the operational phase of the landfills.
SKAPS nonwoven geotextiles weighing from 10 oz/sq yard to 32 oz/sq. yard is specifically designed as cushions to waste containment lining systems.
Filtration and Drainage System
SKAPS nonwoven geotextiles provide excellent performance as filters when used with natural drainage media, geonet, or geopipe. The geotextile filters solids (soil and waste) and allows liquid (rainwater or leachate) to efficiently drain through the designed drainage system.
SKAPS nonwoven geotextiles weighing from 4 oz/sq yard to 10 oz/sq yard are specifically designed as filtration/drainage geotextiles.