SKAPS Multiaxial Fabrics are ideal for applications in the defense sector. Its high tensile strength renders the much-required sturdiness and durability to the product, which makes sure that the end application is fit to face extreme conditions. While its light weight makes it suitable for transportation, and so strategically viable. Equipped with cutting-edge resources and our expert team, we are capable of supplying a precise-to-need wide assortment of multiaxial fabrics such as Bi-Axial, Tri-Axial, Quadraxial, Core Mat (Flow Mat) for applications in armor boxes, radar domes, helmets, drones, and many more products.
SKAPS Multiaxial Fabrics enable reinforcement glass fibers to be laid at angles between 20⁰ and 60⁰ (+/-45⁰ is most common). Further, these angled glass fibers can be added to the standard 0⁰/90⁰ construction in various combinations with a maximum of five layers. The individual layers are connected by stitching according to custom requirements. On special request, we can use hot melt yarn for stitching the selvedge of the tapes and woven roving.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DELIVERED
- Better tensile, flexural, and compressive properties in the finished laminate
- Improved strength and lower resin consumption
- Flexibility to suit custom requirements
- Fabric can be precisely draped to fit any end application
- Fewer layers are needed in the finished laminate due to the thickness of the fabrics which increases component build speed